Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to eliminate or reduce RFI to the sensor output

Status
Not open for further replies.

madokaaukawa

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Basically, I designed the circuit which using a chemical sensor to detect harmful gas. The circuit is working fine. However, when I use walkie talkie to simulate RFI and test the circuit response, it has big problem. When the walkie talkie is toggled (on/off), the sensor output shoot up quite a bit (like increase 500mV) even worse, and drop down after 2-3 sec. There is no harmful gas actually. I tried many ways to reduce it. like relayout the circuit, copper pour with GND signal. It is not helpful.

Please help

Thanks in advance

It sounds like you need a low pass filter at the input of your circuit to prevent the RF getting in. Is there any shielding e.g. is it in a metal box?

There is no shielding. The sensor need to be exposed to outside in order to sense harmful gas
So, a low pass filter at the input of the circuit, you mean the input of power? It has decoupling cap

Thank you

And a low passa filter on the output signal too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back