Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to design microstrip for 1.645GHz freuency

Status
Not open for further replies.

kan1

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i designed microstrip antenna for 1.645GHz frequency.i got length=0.0423m,width=0.0545m, i m using inset feed method for matching in which i m getting the following values k0=34.45,G1=9.93*10^-4,G12=5.756*10^-4,Rin=322.45...i m getting the inset length to be 0.899m.which cannot be used with a 0.0423m length patch.so plz suggest me a matching techique with 50ohms impedance...anyway i dont want to go 4 quarter wave transformer method since i ll be studying the harmonic response of the patch later n also i want to simulate in hfss.....

I know where you made your mistake. :D

While calculating the value of the inset (y_0), you have to inverse the cosine. Important thing is that, all the calculation would be in RADIAN not in DEGREE. Your inset value would be 15.7 mm.

Regards,
Shameem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back