Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to design a embeded FM antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

sivon

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
patch antenna design for fm

hi guys,
as we know, we usually use the earphone cable as FM antenna in the hanset. but we plan to design an embeded antenna so that we can discard the earphone.does anybody have such experience? waiting for your help?

thanks!:D

sivon

i think we can use some sort of patch antenna....
what do you think abt this

but as we know, the handset integrate more and more functionsthe ,and the dimension left for the FM antenna is so limited. my projects just give the FM antenna 10*50 dimesion in the mechanical sides. i try to tune the antenna patten as a monopole ,but failed :(

anybody can share some experience, thanks very much!

It sounds like you are after an electrically small antenna (aren't we all). Prepare yourself for gain on the order of -5 dBi to -10 dBi and a lot of interaction with the enclosure and users hands when they close to the radio. I hope you have a link with lots fo margin.
Good luck.

the embedded FM antenna in the handset seems difficult:(

Wind some wire in the back cover or mechanical structures, wind it a lot of circles, I think it can do for a FM antenna.

You can't make a patch antenna because the dimension limits.

but the dimension can fulfill 50*8mm^2

u can use patch antena( rectangular or square) .normally in cell phones patch antennas are used .the patch antenna only suits for u r dimensions

what are requirement of FM antenna? Such as bandwidth, gain, efficiency......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back