Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to create reference pattern of array antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohamis288

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am an electronic engineer. in last few days, I have been studying about concentric ring array antenna and discussions about optimization technique. in the article "A Hybrid Method for the Optimal Synthesis of 3-D Patterns of Sparse Concentric Ring Arrays", I've read about matching optimization techniques to a reference pattern of array antenna. I bring that part of article hear as quote:

Example 3: Synthesis of a Taylor array pattern
The synthesis of a sparse CRA matching a reference pattern is considered. A broadside 3-D pattern as shown in Fig. 8 radiated by a CCCR of radius R = 10λ with Taylor distribution in radial, SLL = −20 dB, and transition index n = 3 is taken for reference.
array pattern.png

I am not familiar with either implementation or mathematical equation of this technique. It would be great if you can give me a reference about application and implementation of Taylor distribution in creation of array antenna.

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back