Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Binomial Antenna Array

rf997

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I am trying to make a 3x3 patch antenna array. But I need to feed the antenna array with binomial coefficients. For example, if there was a 1x3 antenna array, I had to feed it with amplitudes of 1,2,1 according to the 3rd line of Pascal's triangle. However, I could not understand how to feed the 3x3 antenna array.

Something like this 2D element array

1700965833557.png

1700966279315.png

analyzed here https://www.researchgate.net/public...ays_for_Extremely_Low_Side_Lobe_Level/figures

Last edited:
Thank you, but what I want to ask is what should be the feed amplitudes for each element of my antenna array? For example, while the feed amplitudes should be [1 4 6 4 1] for a 1*5 binomial antenna array, what should they be for a 3*3 binomial antenna array?

Pascal's triangle (the binomial coefficients) in high-order limit becomes a Gaussian curve,
proportional to exp(-c*r^2 ).
Do you really need integers for the elemental amplitudes?
Do you really need a 3x3 square (as opposed to hexagonal array or irregular) layout?

For example, while the feed amplitudes should be [1 4 6 4 1] for a 1*5 binomial antenna array, what should they be for a 3*3 binomial antenna array?
Maybe this calculator can help you to test coefficients:
It supports binomial and user defined values.

As far as I understand pattern calculation, you can reduce your 3*3 array to one row when calculating coefficients.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back