Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate width and space for parallel-coupled filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpcheah

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
calculate width of material

I am trying to design microstrip bandpass filter. I have calculate the even-mode and odd-mode characteristic impedance, but i dont know how to calculate the width and the space for the filter. Can anyone help me. Below is the data i obtain:

j (Z0e) (Z0o)
0 82.9367 37.6092
1 61.1600 42.3705
2 58.1839 43.8661

The thickness is 0.635 mm
relative dielectric constant is 10.2

Is there any e-book or any web-page have the information about this?
THX

you can calculate the width and space with HFSS. use the driven modal. 2 mode for a wave port.

Re: How to calculate width and space for parallel-coupled fi

I had the same problem recently. I had some filters to design, had an old excel file that gave the correct Zoe and Zoo's, but when I got them I did not know what to do with them! None of my software takes even/odd mode impedances anymore!

There used to be a program called TLine that did this calculaton (impedance to physical dimensions). You might look around for some shareware. This site looks promising, for instance:
http://atlc.sourceforge.net/tutorial.html

If you have access to ADS then LineCalc can do all you need. You will need perhaps to be a bit more specific about the material properties than just H and Er. These number therefore only approximate.

j___(Z0e)____(Z0o)____W_______S____
0 - 82.9367 - 37.6092 - 0.35 mm - 0.16 mm
1 - 61.1600 - 42.3705 - 0.54 mm - 0.52 mm
2 - 58.1839 - 43.8661 - 0.56 mm - 0.69 mm

You might find LINC2 software useful. I believe it is on the order of $500 or so.

How can we set the freq for this calculation.I found that it doesn't affect much !

You can use AWR to simulate it. The freq is determined by length, the length should be lamda/4, a little shorter than it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back