Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to amplify 2mV signal to 100mV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

incol

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The 2mV input signal is two small compare to the offset or noise voltage. So which amplifier can be used to amplify so small signal? The input signal can be DC or AC. Could anyone help me? thanks

You can use normal non inverting amplifier using OP07(with offset voltage 60uV) and very low noise

for amplifying , use the NON INVERTING AMP, Select the gain to 50, to achieve this mark. But it must be taken care that , if the 2mV signal is induced with noises, then the same will also get amplified, so better to use a filter along with that. With the same Opamp, you can a make an active filter.

Thanks. But i'm afraid that a simple NON INVERTING AMP can't amplify the 2mV signal, the offset or nosie may
be concerned. Do we need the SC amplifier here? use auto zero or chopper to cancel the offset?
for amplifying , use the NON INVERTING AMP, Select the gain to 50, to achieve this mark. But it must be taken care that , if the 2mV signal is induced with noises, then the same will also get amplified, so better to use a filter along with that. With the same Opamp, you can a make an active filter.

Hi,

Did you read post #2?
It gives the correct solution to your general question.

If you give more specification about
* expected errors
* frequency
* power supply
* and so on

...we can give a more detailed answer.

Klaus

Hi, I need to design the amplifier by myself, do you have some document about the OP07's architecture? thanks

Hi,

Did you read post #2?
It gives the correct solution to your general question.

If you give more specification about
* expected errors
* frequency
* power supply
* and so on

...we can give a more detailed answer.

Klaus

Hi,

do you have some document about the OP07's architecture

I´m a bit surprised why you ask this: On the first page of the OP07 datasheet there is the circuit.

Please do basic research by yourself.

You are always welcome to ask specific questions.

Klaus

Hi incol,
If have used OP07 in more critical application than yours, its really very appreciable. And you use normal non inverting amplifier, it shall help for your application and set gain as according to your requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.