Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small signal analysis of single-ended to differential BJT amplifiers

manchandaprabhav

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Looking for a text or video where an analysis of a single-ended to differential BJT amp[lifier is presented in terms of its small signal parameters. Specifically gain of each end, propagation of noise etc.

Looking for a text or video where an analysis of a single-ended to differential BJT amp[lifier is presented in terms of its small signal parameters. Specifically gain of each end, propagation of noise etc.
I am sure you will be succesfull - there are many contributions in this area.

IMO the only tricks are getting the differential signals
back to single-ended input or output (in this case,
just output) quantities to plot / measure / math. That
is usuallly just planting some vcvs sources in the
testbench, with gound referred outputs from the
difference inputs.

Everything else is just regular idealness-of-amplifier
characterization.

Here is a short hint for the mathematical treatment of the differential amplifier:
The calculation is quite simple and logical if you treat the arrangement of 2 transistors as a series connection of a common-collector stage (emitter follower) with a common-base stage..

Thank you, everyone, for your input, but I am looking for a single-ended differential amplifier rather than fully differential amplifier. Fully differential ones are a bit easier to analyze due to their symmetry. Also, my focus is just the theoretical analysis. I have done it myself, than you for your help.

What does a single-ended input differential amplifier look like to you?

?

1700487852362.png

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: