Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOSFET small signal analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

movinghoon96

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
KakaoTalk_20230223_184335481.jpg

Hello, this problem is from (Razavi's Design of Analog CMOS Integrated Circuit, p.79, problem 3.31)

Before asking, I'd like to tell you i've tried and couldn't find answer yet.
1) tried 2 solution : KCL, Superposition
2) find solution on internet : it include only problem ~3.28

addition : using 1), I wanted to simplify answer, so I set some conditions. yes,it didn't work.

both of mine included 3 numerator, but answer has only 2.
Its ok not solving problem, just want to know how to solve it. - already spent almost 40m over...

Thank you.

Solution
"all DC sources are replaced by it internal impedances. It means voltage sources are shorted to ground, while current sources are open"

In your case VB has to be shorted to ground and VDD is the only AC sources used in calculations. This mean gm1 is removed, while gm2 is driven by VDD.
Do you see the answer now?
Did you set your DC source, VDD, to zero?
of course, when I used Superposition
1) Gm2V2 only : Gm1V1 open, VDD short
2) Gm1V1 only : Gm2V2 Open, VDD Short
3) VDD Only : all current open

Sum of Vout = 1) + 2) + 3)

"all DC sources are replaced by it internal impedances. It means voltage sources are shorted to ground, while current sources are open"

In your case VB has to be shorted to ground and VDD is the only AC sources used in calculations. This mean gm1 is removed, while gm2 is driven by VDD.

Solution

Damn you are genious!
it finished within very short time :O

Status
Not open for further replies.