Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how the output pins of the ICL7107 chip work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenner

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
7 segment display 7107

Can anybody explain to me how to output pins of the ICL7107 chip work? I want to use it to power 4 seven segment displays. The range that I want is from -1.999 to 1.999.

icl-7107 how to display

The outputs of an ICL7107 drive the seven-segment display with low-going signals so the display must be common-anode.

There are up to 23 LEDs lighted with up to a total supply current of 184mA so a battery won't last long. The chip is heated by the high current so the accuracy suffers.

Use an ICL7106 with a low current LCD display instead.

Re: ICL 7107

You can refer the datasheet in
**broken link removed**

It is a A/D converter with 4-1/2 digit LED display
You can check the page 12 and 13.
And it need +V and -V supply to monitor negative voltage.

Re: ICL 7107

I wired the circuit, and it displays a number around the correct value. However, the number keeps on increasing (slowly). Also, the positive and negative voltages that I use to power the chip keeps on decreasing. Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this? Is it because I am using a battery?

ICL 7107

A battery cannot provide the high current required by the 26 LEDs in the display. Use an AC-DC adapter or use a low current LCD display with an ICL7106 IC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back