Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Short pins of Analog switch? (DG442)

cupoftea

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want the Analog switch to be closed, but the micro is disabling it. So can i just over-ride the micro and connect either end of the analog switch together with a wire from pin to pin? (this is for a test i want to do on the board).
Datasheet doesnt make clear

DG442 datasheet

I want the Analog switch to be closed, but the micro is disabling it. So can i just over-ride the micro and connect either end of the analog switch together with a wire from pin to pin? (this is for a test i want to do on the board).
Datasheet doesnt make clear
I don´t get it.

Sketch?

Klaus

Yes, you can, it is only as switch inside the IC. Things to be aware of though:
1. Normally when closed it will have some resistance, a direct link won't.
2. If the switch is normally open, it may be to prevent a collision of two signals or voltages, if you don't keep them isolated it could cause other problems.

Brian.

Thanks all, and the rails are +20v and -3.3v, and yes, thanks, they are sequenced right.
Saves me desoldering the blyters.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: