Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How many records can be stored in 24C512 EEPROM ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvkei11

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I interfaced the 24C512 EEPROM, with my controller. I want to store a 16 digit character string in the EEPROM(Single record).
It is organized as 65536 words of 8 bits.

How many records i can store it? Any efficient methods are there to store and retirve?

Thanks in advance.

EEprom = 65535 bytes in size.
Record = 16 bytes in size.
Not to difficult to find out how many records can be stored in eeprom. 4096 records.
Are you writing in 'c' ?
If so record 0 ,or your first record at location 0 in eeprom. Record x at (x * sizeof(record)) in eeprom.

16 digit character is 16 bytes = 128 bits, you can do the math
If you need more space you can use a flash like these Atmel Products - Serial Flash ,
or write to an mmc/sd card using spi

Alex

Hi Alex.
I see "16 digit character string" as being = "thisisxbyteslong" , a string of characters. That is 16 bytes.
If he means it the way you suggest , then obviously you are correct.
Maybe "rvkei11" should post a sample of what he is trying to store in eeprom.
:0)

a string in C is defined as a sequence of characters (char array)
so when he says 16 digit character string i assume he means a string of 16 characters.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.