Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CAN Identify

Kittu20

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've been gone through the CAN bus protocol and its requirement for each node to possess a unique identifier. I've the PIC18F45K80, which has an inbuilt CAN feature. However, I'm unable to locate the identifier specific to this chip. http://nskelectronics.com/CAN Transreciver - AMIS-42665

Could someone please assist me in finding the unique identifier for this model to effectively integrate it as a node within the CAN network?

Obviously a misunderstanding. CAN identifiers are application specific parameters set in software, not specific to hardware devices.

Hi,

"uinique ID" on CAN bus? Sure?

The link just shows a PHY transceiver on a module. It surely has nothing to do with any ID at all.

--> please post a link to the "documents" that state that CAN bus requirement is to posess a unique ID.

Klaus

A complete CAN message frame typically consists of several components, including the Start of Frame (SOF), Identifier, Control Field, Data Field, CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check), Acknowledgment (ACK), and End of Frame (EOF).

I want to controlling an LED through CAN messages and It requires ID of the message that controls the LED and the number of data bytes.

For a single LED, a single byte would be use. A value of 0 would turn the LED off, while a non-zero value would turn it on

Can we use any message ID and data for this purpose. ?

Last edited:

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back