Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How is PCB manufactured ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taring77

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
is there any useful files or links that shows how from a gerber file to a completed PCB is done?? Preferable simple and useful step by step process.

thanks all

in normal pratice the gerber file is exported to ps format and the ps is imported in the corel or aplications of such types. and is ploted.
the film plot is used to make the pcb.

binu g

Since you asked how one gets from a Gerber file to a PCB, I assume you are interested in the professional method of making a board instead of the home method.

There is a good detailed step-by-step explanation of the industrial process at:

**broken link removed**

Click on the boxes to get pictures and explanation.

If you are interested in making your own boards, use a search engine on the web to find dozens of detailed sites with pictures.

It is a PCB manufacture seminar in FLASH format from precisioncircuits.

U can reference at :h**p://www.pcbexpress.com

regards

I think the following post may helps you.

what is the procedure rather chemical process for the "Electroless Copper Plating" to produce Double Sided PCBs.

i'm looking for the normal PCB manufacturing process in large scale. Not DIY home pcb.
Perhaps it might help in understanding more on the processes

I found this old chart in my file collection. The company that produced it no longer makes PCB's so the chart isn't on the web any more. It gives a good flow diagram of what is involved in making a circuit board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back