Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how does a circuit can be modulator and demodulator at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohamis288

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am studying MC1496 datasheet. one of the test circuit has been shown in datasheet named "balanced modulator and demodulator". I have uploaded the image in the attachment. anyway, I have two question:
1) how does a circuit can be modulator and demodulator at the same time?
2) this does not determine whether it is SSB modulator and demodulator, DSB modulator and demodulator, AM modulator and demodulator and ... ? what does it mean?

Attachments

• balanced modulator and demodulator.png
    balanced modulator and demodulator.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 84

The image you attach looks similar to the one that I could in the data sheet at https://www.egr.msu.edu/eceshop/Parts_Inventory/datasheets/mc1496p.pdf except that it was labelled Figure 27.
Have you read the description related to that figure? In the version I linked to it clearly called it an 'AM Modulator'.
I suspect that the chip can be used for a number of different purposes, one of which is a modulator and another is a demodulator.
Also have you looked at the application note mentioned in the first paragraph of the data sheet?
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back