Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how do I create a time-related resistor in ADS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xidian123

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
how do I create a time-related resistor in ADS ? I want to make a switch in transient simulation,as the picture shown below(just for explained,not correct,violation with rules)
Appreciate your advice.Thanks.
1.jpg

Last edited:

Hi, I just want to say my point of view..

According to my point, you can use a transistor or Fet switch that has the on time of 2ns. It will turn on after 2 ns and u connect resistor after the switch..

Please let me know, if it works...

Thank you, All the best..

thanks for your response.
But as you said, it will not run as an ideal switch . There is an ideal switch in ADS, called SPDT_Dynamic. Further more,I still don't know how to make it work as a time-related switch, by using a function. It seems that the instruction "if ...else" can not be used in a design function.

I remember that ADS works fine with Verilog-A defined component/device. I think you can have a try.

You can use a voltage-controlled switch.
Then simply connect the control port of the switch to a time-domain voltage generator having transfer function (volt vc. time) you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.