Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hi, hasmir! here coming !

Status
Not open for further replies.

microwavehongjie

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

nice to meet you ! i am designing a 1W 1G to 10G PA for my master, i have to do everying for my PA, could you give me some advice for the choice of my device?
i think descrete transistor could be proper for my paper! How to select my device ? and is there any design example available for me ? I think ,the example given in ADS is not very proper for me !

thank you very much for the info!

Hi, Designing a Power amplifier from 1 to 10GHz( more than 3 octave bandwidth) with packaged transistors is difficult, because the parasitics of the package limit the bandwidth of matching. If you want to design with discrete transistors I suggest that you use Chip transistors. (They have less parasitics but are difficult to handle and attach and need wire bonding).

I also sugget that you evaluate the structures that have large bandwidths like distributed power amplifiers.

hasmir!

thanks a lot again!

Is there any design example using ADS available for me? and if you are free, could you tell me which device is available for this design?

i would be very grateful for your info.

microwavehongjie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back