Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with solar data logger system using PIC16F877A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you done the coding for mcu to send and receive data using USB? Yes, VB can save into an excel file. You have to add the excel spreadsheet component to your vb toolbox and insert it to your vb form. I think you have to use VBA for programming the excel spreadsheet form. You can make the data received through USB by the vb application to be displayed in the excel spreadsheet. There is another way. You can save the data received from USB to a plain text file. The data in the file will be seperated with commas. If you rename the .txt file to .csv file (comma seperated values) and open it in excel you will get the data neatlt tabulated.

See this link https://www.edaboard.com/threads/271146/

I don't have Office 2010 and if I import office XP component in vb.net, vb.net crashes. So I can't help doing the vb.net part using excel.

Last edited:

Have you done the coding for mcu to send and receive data using USB? Yes, VB can save into an excel file. You have to add the excel spreadsheet component to your vb toolbox and insert it to your vb form. I think you have to use VBA for programming the excel spreadsheet form. You can make the data received through USB by the vb application to be displayed in the excel spreadsheet. There is another way. You can save the data received from USB to a plain text file. The data in the file will be seperated with commas. If you rename the .txt file to .csv file (comma seperated values) and open it in excel you will get the data neatlt tabulated.

See this link https://www.edaboard.com/threads/271146/

I don't have Office 2010 and if I import office XP component in vb.net, vb.net crashes. So I can't help doing the vb.net part using excel.

Thanks!! i still working on my coding. If i direct send my data to the SD card of my PIC18 starter kit. it will be easier?

how about i send my data through serial port of my pic18f explorer board to my pc need VB also? i just wan to collect the data from my voltage sensor..

If you send data from serial port of PIC to PC then you can see that data in Hyperterminal but I don't know whether you can save that or not in PC. Just check it out. If you can save data received in Hyperterminal then you dont need VB part.

thank you.. now i can receive my data in hyper terminal already. i have a prob about sending float number (32bits) via hyperterminal which receive (8bits) only. so my c code should write in which way?

Status
Not open for further replies.