Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with interfacing pic to GSM program

Status
Not open for further replies.
dear ederelk & goodgood,
i dont know if u set the proram to read from rs232. if u do, then u must have kbhit or anything similar to detect the incoming character frm rs232. then u must read from rs232 to extract the data from the modem. then u need to segregate the data or just extract the required data.

hey guys please help me its urgent..

i am using pic16f877a with 8Mhz crystal. i want to send the value of temperature through gsm. my hardware sis working , i am facing a problem.
if i use internal adc and uart te send data to gsm or hyperterminal it is not working properly but when i display the temp value on lcd then my code is working fine...i have connected lcd on portb and control on portc.0,portc.1. hwen i disconnect the lcd then the it is sending unwanted data to gsm , ....what the hell this is...please help

You need to match your baudrate. Problem will be resolved.

hello dera,
to communicate b/w microcontroler and GSM modem is quit simple..let me explain..
first connect your controller tx to modem Rx.then modem's Tx to hyperteminal or computer rx..and send AT commands..you will see if the controller is sending right data to the GSM modem..
its quit simple..do not to forget making common ground

Status
Not open for further replies.