Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with meeting the threshold voltage requirement of a POR circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

refunok

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i've designed a POR circuit with diode connected PMOS+inverter+hysteresis+delay structure. then the rise and fall threshold voltage of the POR change a lot with different processes and temperatures. But in the spec, the threshold voltage should be kept in a small range at all corners. and the current consumption must be less than 10uA with the voltage supply of 5V.
so what about the bandgap+resistor divider+comparator+delay structure? can i try this structure to meet the threshold voltage requirement? if so, then what about the power requirement? is it difficult to design a bandgap+resistor divider+comparator+delay structure POR with current consumption less than 10uA?
or should i insist on the prior easier structure, but how to meet the threshold voltage requirement?
someone can help me? thanks in advance

Re: need help about POR

You can make simple PORs that work well, but will have
a lot of PVT variation. I recommend pushing back on the
requirements because the POR function probably does not
need any kind of accuracy - only to release above where
logic becomes certainly-functional, and below rated min
operating VDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com