Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me designing an Elevator Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

aibelectronics

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Re: Elevator Display

I have an idea, an interesting one and I don't know exactly how to go about it.
It's about the floor-display of an elevator i.e one that shows what floor an elevator is currently on.
I guess I'll need receiver and transmitter modules: i.e when the Lift breaks the IR falling on the receiver module, it generates the number corresponding to that floor. I guess there'll also be a decoder, gates and MUX's and 7-segment.
Any help on this?
Thankx!:D

Added after 4 hours 30 minutes:

Or maybe it's not feasible? My box is so empty!!

Normally in elevators , floor is sensed by sensing a reed switch. A reed is placed on the car top and magnets are placed at each floor. When the lift moves either up or down and when it comes close to the magnet, the reed sw senses the magnet. This information is used by the elevator controller to stop the lift.

There will be a display on the car to indicate the floor position. This display is driven by the elevator controller. Also some controllers will have binary floor outputs which can be used by external fancy floor indicators like dotmatrix display or graphic lcd display.

Maybe this helps you!

ELEVATOR DISPLAY

**broken link removed**

wow! That sure is a handful. I think it'll take me months to make much out of that link. Never used PIC's before.
Thanks & it'll help me. Surely.:D

Elevator Display

hi
u can use DMUX (4051 for 3 floor) .Connect sensing reed switchs to DMUX addres pin & set input pin to high. for addr=000 use output 0
for addr=010 use output 2 and for addr=100 use output 4 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back