Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me design a 8051 webserver with dial-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenjoy

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dial Up - 8051 Webserver

Hi,

I am planning to design an 8051 Based webserver but must me dial up, not a DSL or LAN connected.

Just like a PC, you dial into a remote PC, then you type an address and will show you an HTML page.

Any inputs into this?

Re: Dial Up - 8051 Webserver

Hi.

Well it's an interresting project. Do you plan to have the 8051 do all the modem / TCP stuff or have you considered external comps.
If you deside to have external comps Connect One has somthing called iChip which you should take a look at. (CO561AD-S)

Regards Topper

Dial Up - 8051 Webserver

I am planning to use also other external components.

Hi Glenjoy,

Have u implemented 8051 based dailup server. I want ur support for dailing modem to internet using 8051.

Please help me how the microcontroller and modem communicates.

The modem interface is standard! But I suggest you want to use modem chipsets.

Hi mami_hacky,

I want to dial CDMA Phone which connects to internet by serial communication with computer in PPP mode.

So please show how to instalise the modem, at 115k baud, as dial #777 which is ISP no and login with user & password.

Please help me

look at atmel web site, they have some web embeded boards.
also u can look at wiznet site as well.
i remember reading one artical in circuit caller by BREADY, he had implimented the same web server.
hock

Status
Not open for further replies.