Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me about oscillations on my bandgap reference circuit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

universeee

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am designing a bandgap circuit for my graduation project. i have to take a fix voltage, as you know, between 0.4-0.6V and this voltage must be independent of supply voltage, which is 1V min and 3.3V max for my project from 0C to 80C degree.
when i achieve my goals at 3.3V, voltages on my circuit at 1V oscillates or vice versa.
what can i do about these oscillations???

here is the topology: **broken link removed**
and i attached the topology

please help me...
thanx from now...[/url]

Re: help me about oscillations on my bandgap reference circu

There is a positive feedback loop around V1 and M1.
Imagine OTA+M1 as a two-stages amplifier.
Then you probably know what to do.

yschuang said:
There is a positive feedback loop around V1 and M1.
Imagine OTA+M1 as a two-stages amplifier.
Then you probably know what to do.

actually i could not imagine what i must do, can you be more clear please??
because i have always problem about understanding feedback loops... :)
thanx from now...

Hi, there

Please take a look at the follwoing reference.

DESIGN OF A 1.5-V HIGH-ORDER CURVATURE-COMPENSATED CMOS BANDGAP REFERENCE By Philip K. T. Mok

as far as i am concerned , you should first check your OTA, if it is stable and how much phase margin it has?

put a suitable capacitor between supply and your OTA output, it may help to stablize the reference and it will aslo do some good to your reference's PSRR.

I believe 1V may be too low for your bg circuit function properly. You may imagine that the lowest work voltage is Vbe + Vds. And this voltage may be margin for 1V. I suggest you can adjust the current level and increase the length of MOS

thanx for your answers you all... i guess i handled the problem by changing the resistor values and W/L ratio of several transistors. my circuit produces oscillations according to high resistor values and low W/L ratios.

Status
Not open for further replies.