Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Have SCS files, no library - how do i use in Cadence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kparrish

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have some .scs files that are part of a PSP model library. how can I use these in cadence? I tried installing PSP/Simkit, but this didn't seem to contain the files I need to install a library (tech file etc). I would be ok with just being able to use these .scs files in cadence by using them in schematic/symbol view, how can I do this?

In Virtuoso's ADE's Setup ... Libraries set the path/filename(s) of your SCS files.

Thanks for the tip on loading the model files. Is there any way I can create symbols from these models and have them appear in my library so I can use them in schematic view? I understand I will need to load the model file to run the simulation but haven't yet been able to set up the simulation.

This depends on what you already have available: if you can use Cadence tools, you should have at least the basic, analog, and (behavourial and functional) vlog & vhdl libraries. I'd copy a cell with an appropriate symbol (with all views) to a new cell-name, then you may still manually edit the symbol. Copy the symbol view to the spectre view. Then edit the schematic; the transistor names and their symbols must point to your SCS model files (if you want to use these models).

This is just a short draft of how it can be done; a lot of details I can't tell you any more: but I've succeeded with it a few years ago with IC5141/MMSIM611.

Thanks again for your reply - how do I change the file it points to? Also, currently all the files are .oa files, I don't see any .scs files.

I guess you're working with IC6... Sorry I've got no experience with this new icfb version. Try to get on with one of the Good luck!

Actually I'm using 5.10.41. Thanks for the tip on cadence forum-i'll try to get some help there, but please let me know if you think of anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back