Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPT-USB problem with reprogramming PIC18F4431

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhdmax

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I already program PIC 18F4431 with LVP mode using EPIC programmer but when i try to reprogram that PIC chip using GPT-USB programmer, it always appear " Error -> Writing address 0x000000 Writen:0xEF16 Read: 0xA002 ".
Can anybody help me to solve this problem ?? :cry:

[/img]

error writing address 0x000000

Verify your cable USB (gtp usb needs cable usb 2.0 with maximum of length 1.8M).
Do you have GTP-USB PLUS?
If your GTP USB goes LITE then you need the USB host.

writing address 0x000000 error

im agre with simicio

error -> writing address 0x000000

Thank you for your solution simplicio, i already verify the usb cable. The usb cable is usb 2.0 cable, length : 1.5m. I try to download hex file into a new 18F4431 PIC and it's successfully complete download hex file without error when i try download for the first time, but it is not success ( there is error message "error -> writing address....." ) when i try download for the second time. I try to download again and again but it's still give the same result. How can i solve this problem???
Pleaseeee.... Help..... me............... :cry:

Btw i have GTP-USB PLUS.

Note : I make the setting of LVP on source code is "disable" ( CPU Core
configuration --> __CONFIG4L ,0X7B)

52 gpt

TRY ERASE THE PIC AND PROGRAM IT AGAIN

gpt-usb 04

A check you hardware settings, don't use VPP2

gpt-usb

Since there are a few variations of GTP-USB, box VPP2 must be checked in order for mine to work properly.

Sir
i am having same problem winPic800 identifies the chip but when i try to programme it says "ERROR -> Writting address 0x000000 Written:0xEF1E Read:0xFFFF"

but it is working fine with pic18f2550, but when i failed to program pic18F4431

any one know??

i am using GTP-USB-Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.