Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] GPS interface with LPC2148 please help .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Selvam,

How do you interface LPC-board with ecompass to get data out in LCD? (do you use serial port?)

and to display the data in PC(hyperterm) you may use serial interface.Its simple.

Regards,

Pawan

Last edited:

Hi Selvam,

How do you interface LPC-board with ecompass to get data out in LCD? (do you use serial port?)

and to display the data in PC(hyperterm) you may use serial interface.Its simple.

Regards,

Pawan

Yes pawan. I have interfaced LPC and ecompass using serial port(USB to serial converter., i.e USB side is connected to laptop) . And to display the data in hyperterminal shall I use the same USB to SERIAL CONVERTER after fusing the program in flash. Is my approach is correct.

And programming part is the same logic applied by you in this thread ?

please do the needful

Thanks & Regards
panneer selvam

Hi selvam,

I guess you use USB to serial converter to program the LPC board.That's fine.

USB side is connected to laptop

Yes you can use the same serial port to display data in hyperterminal.

I was asking you about this interface. selvam.png

And to transmit a byte of data to the serial port, use the function

Code:
void senduart0(unsigned char a)		  //sends a byte through UART0
{
while(U0LSR!=0x40);
U0THR=a;
}

My suggestion is test the serial communication separately ( transmit a byte )--(Just have a look at previous comments in this thread). after having it working, its easy to transmit an array.

Hope it helps.

Pawan

Hey.. I'm also trying to interface GPS with LPC2148.. This is the first time I'm using ARM so can u pls mail me ur program? I need it urgently.. My project is at stake.. Review in 1 week.. Pls help!!
Thanx:)

Hi,

You may download a zip file of my project Here .

and Wish you all the best for your review.

Hi Pawan.. I downloaded the folder but no code for gps was given there.. Could u pls mail me the code for extracting the data(location) from thee gps & displaying it on the lcd?
Thanks a ton:)

- - - Updated - - -

I also have another question..
I was running a simple code in Keil4 to turn on & turn off some leds.. But wen I buil target I get the following error..

error: L6236E: No section matches selector - no section to be FIRST/LAST....

Do you know why I'm gettin this error?

Status
Not open for further replies.