Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

glcd 320x240 - how are pixel values stored in memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

marthoma

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hiii...im using sim908 with lpc2148 which is used to obtain gps coordinates and the movement will be displayed on the glcd....so cud anyone teach me how to start wid dis???
as of now im will be displayg only a single path on the screen...il be convertg the lat,lon into x,y coordinates and den change the origin so as to depict the road on the screen
1)so cud sumone tell me how are pixel values stored in memory?(i.e.the pixel values are stored horizontally or vertically in memory?)

basically im a beginner to glcd programming...i have done work on character lcd...i have downloaded lot many libraries for glcd..but i felt that i should write one by myself...could someone suggest where should i start with....

please help me seniors....tel me if you havent understood anythng of my problem...

Raster scan LCD pixels depend on resolution of intensity and colours. Normal RGB maps use 1 byte per colour and 1 byte for Alpha or transparency for 32 bit colour in Windows apps, But simple LCD's might only use less for embedded solutions.

The VRAM map depends on the hardware interface used.

For LCD with character maps, a higher level of encoding depends on chip specs with less memory required and less flexibility on display characters and intensity and colour.

we call 320x240 QVGA since it occupies 1/4 of pixels for VGA 640x480.

There's no standard graphic memory organization for GLCD. You need to refer to the controller user manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.