Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gate resistor on mosfet IRFP450

Status
Not open for further replies.

sendms

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone!
First, sorry on my bad english....
How to limit drain-source current to 6A ( irfp450 max curent is 16A) by gate resistor?
My gate-source voltage is about 6 volts.
I need that beacose i have plasma cutter with 2sk2873 mosfet-s(that burned),and i want to swap that fet-s with irfp450.Is it possible?
Gate resistor on that 2sk2873 currently is 6,8 ohm!
Thanks for help!

Just changing the gate resistor doesn't help too much. You have to reduce the Vgs to about 6V.

ok, what is the best way to do that?

The best way depends by your circuit, but you can try a resistive divider.

I guess you're talking about a switched mode supply? In this case, there's no chance to limit the transistor current by changing a gate resistor or reducing a gate voltage. You have to understand the circuit operation and modify the PWM timing or resdesign the circuit.

yes, it is a swiched mode supply...i can't understand circuite beacose i do not have schematic... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.