Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FSS(Frequency selective surface) simulation in HFSS for non-square shape (Polygon) unicell

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyhaerong

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello

I am trying to simulate FSS (frequency selective surfaces) using HFSS.

I made a cross-shaped 15GHz blocking unit cell by referring to the video
, and as a next step, I tried to simulate the hexagonal unit cell FSS, which I wanted to simulate actually.
However, I am having a problem with setting up the Floquet port, so I am leaving a question to ask for help.

I thought the Floquet port was setting A and B directions to set the wave to propagate direction, so when I set A and B orthogonally to the direction toward the unit cell and also to each other, I saw the following error message.

[error] Port 'FloquetPort1': The exterior boundary of the faces for a Floquet Port must consist of pairs of parallel and equal length segments, displaced from each other by an integer linear combination of the lattice vectors. (9:25:30 PM Jan 07, 2023)
[error] Port 'FloquetPort2': The exterior boundary of the faces for a Floquet Port must consist of pairs of parallel and equal length segments, displaced from each other by an integer linear combination of the lattice vectors. (9:25:30 PM Jan 07, 2023)

For a rectangular unit cell, I could follow the video from youtube, but I have no idea how to simulate a circle or polygonal unit cell, so I would like to ask for help.

2160198174_bWIXUf3j_ECA788EBACB8EC9A94EC95BD.jpg

As the message implies, I think your a and b vectors should be two of the lattice vectors, not necessarily orthogonal vectors in rectangular coordinates. Have you tried directing the b vector toward the center of one face as well?

As the message implies, I think your a and b vectors should be two of the lattice vectors, not necessarily orthogonal vectors in rectangular coordinates. Have you tried directing the b vector toward the center of one face as well?
Do you mean just leave the A vector and reverse the direction of the B vector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back