Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Explorer 16 Development Board Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamGPS

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am working on a project that requires interfacing the PIC24FJ64GA004 microcontroller with a GPS. I recently purchased the Explorer 16 Development Board with the MPLAB IDE Software. However, I am unable to load my code since the MPLAB ICD was not included in the package. My question: Is the ICD required to load the code? Are there any easier ways to go about doing this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Well you do need a programmer to go with that board.

A lo cost Pickit2 is able to program those Pic24F chips as can the newer Pickit3 but you will have to search for details of how to connect it to the Explorer 16 board.
Have seen one guy mention where he has loaded the Pickit2 software into the Explorers 4550 chip - but thats misleading as you need controlling hardware as well.

The last thing you want to buy or make is the old / expensive ICD2 and the ICD3 is even dearer.

Hi TeamGPS,

There is no custome programmer that can be used with explore 16 board. U need to use ICD2/ICD3/Real ICE from Microchip.

Status
Not open for further replies.