Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Expert suggestion required related to Insole PCB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashad

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am not expert in PCB design and I took over the layout and made some changes. However I got left foot PCB and I need to convert it into right foot PCB. it seems that it is easy, just need to flip the layout to make it right foot but this is not the solution.

LEFT FOOT PCB: The PCB layout consist of 4 layers with two layers of routing, on the bottom layer components are mounted and on the top layer sensors are mounted. If I am flipping the PCB then component layer become top layer and sensors goes in bottom which is not appropriate.

If anyone having suggestion other than to complete redesigning of PCB then share with me . Many thanks

You are up against mathematics. I don't quite understand what you've got there, but if it's an insole-shaped PCB, it's not symmetrical, and therefore you can't just flip it, you need to mirror-image it-that's not the same thing.

you can't just flip it,

Thanks Barry for Quick reply

In the following Picture I tried to demonstrate my concept, I took left foot PCB and sensor side is on Top. After that I Flip-Horizontally the Image and it became Right foot however the sensor part goes down.

foot.png

Do you actually want to flip the electronics, or is it just the outline that you need to flip?
That should be easy.

Define what you want and write it down clearly, this will help you, help us answer your question and you may see that the answer has actually been provided I believe....
Now if it was me doing this design I would have stepped back and looked at the problem first, then devised a scheme that allows one electrical layout, with a minor tweaking or the outlines to provide the left and right foot versions with minimal changes re-layout etc.
Why do you need to flip component layers and routing?

Why do you need to flip component layers and routing?

I don't need to flip the layout. I am just asking that if I have 4 layers of PCB in which sensor mounted on the top and components mounted on the bottom. How I can change this layout in this way that minimum (or no change) required to design Right-foot.

Work out the common area of each footprint, design your circuitry to fit in the common area, then all you have to do is have different overall outlines for the left and right versions.

The problem is that you didn't actually clarify which parameters have to be kept when "mirroring" the design outline, e.g. a specific placement of sensors. If it doesn't matter to keep the left to right orientation of both sensor design blocks, in other words flip outer and inner side, then you can proceed as marce suggested. Another possible option is a 180 degree rotation of each sensor block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back