Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EGS002 inverter help

johnny78

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi Guys
i have built this inverter as the datasheet guide but the problem is when testing on just multimeter its ok
but when trying to load just a 100w lamp it fails
the only difference that i have used IRF064n instead of 3205 becasue it was available
& i've used an UPS tranformer for test
any idea please

thanks
Johnny

I have no experience of the EGS002 but I'm suspicious of the transformer you are using. UPS quite commonly use low frequency transformers with push-pull drivers feeding almost square waves in to the primary.

Brian.

I have no experience of the EGS002 but I'm suspicious of the transformer you are using. UPS quite commonly use low frequency transformers with push-pull drivers feeding almost square waves in to the primary.

Brian.
thanks Sir
waiting for someone who tested this module

When cold, an 100W incandescent bulb presents a very low ohm load that your inverter may not be able to start - this a common problem for newbies

When cold, an 100W incandescent bulb presents a very low ohm load that your inverter may not be able to start - this a common problem for newbies
ok
so where is my problem ?
is it the transistors or the transformer or the 01ohm Resistor?

the problems are:
1) - the completely unknown and possibly unsuitable transformer with unknown Bmax and unknown winding resistances
2) - the unknown source and whether it has enough capacity to start a low ohm light bulb load
3) - the unknown drive circuit
4) - the unknown wiring and layout ...
5) -
6) -
7) -
and on it goes ...

the problems are:
1) - the completely unknown and possibly unsuitable transformer with unknown Bmax and unknown winding resistances
2) - the unknown source and whether it has enough capacity to start a low ohm light bulb load
3) - the unknown drive circuit
4) - the unknown wiring and layout ...
5) -
6) -
7) -
and on it goes ...

ok thanks
it was clear i want someone who has build an inverter using this EGS002 board
Because its famous board not unknown drive circuit & the wiring & the circuit is everywhere on the net

just need to add - unknown output choke / filter ...
--- Updated ---

and unknown de-coupling of the power rail near the mosfets

does the driver board have a soft start ?

i have replaced the 0.1 ohm 5watt resistor with 1mm copper shunt & it works

i will disable the soft start option to use it as UPS
there is 2.2uF 400v capacitor at the output as filter

any other suggestions ?

what 0.1 ohm resistor ? where is it ... ? oh - on the bridge return ... without an Lout - the cap will cause extra losses in the mosfets due to the peak currents in the cap - what is the turns ratio / volt ratio of the transformer .. ?

Assume OP is referring to this schematic (EG8010 datsheet, Figure 6-6. EG8010+IR2110S Sinusoid inverter (low power frequency transformer)=

1648375749167.png

It uses a 10 mOhm resistor, corresponding to about 65 A primary peak current shutdown limit, < 1000 W output @24V supply, possibly less with unsuitable transformer ratio. 0.1R would allow very little output power.

We don't yet know about supply voltage.

Assume OP is referring to this schematic (EG8010 datsheet, Figure 6-6. EG8010+IR2110S Sinusoid inverter (low power frequency transformer)=

View attachment 175146

It uses a 10 mOhm resistor, corresponding to about 65 A primary peak current shutdown limit, < 1000 W output @24V supply, possibly less with unsuitable transformer ratio. 0.1R would allow very little output power.

We don't yet know about supply voltage.
yes right this is the circuit im building
tha transformer is from small UPS which im not sure of its real volt
but it seems working good without load it takes about 0.10 Amp & with 100 watt lamp 9A
(1.5A not 0.1 it was by mistake of the Ammeter)
im using 15A PSU set to 12v

thanks for help

Last edited:
hi Guys
on small UPS transformer when loading more than 200 watts the overload occurs & it shuts down
even i have tested it on 1000w transformer from a big inverter but its the same i cant load more than 200 watt
im using 12 IRFP064N as H bridge

i will purchase a special made transfomer So i need your suggestions about it
im using 12v Battery & im not sure what secondary volt must be for it

the previous EGS datasheet suggest 2.2uF as a filter
any better solution ?

thanks guys

hi Guys
on small UPS transformer when loading more than 200 watts the overload occurs & it shuts down
even i have tested it on 1000w transformer from a big inverter but its the same i cant load more than 200 watt
im using 12 IRFP064N as H bridge

i will purchase a special made transfomer So i need your suggestions about it
im using 12v Battery & im not sure what secondary volt must be for it

the previous EGS datasheet suggest 2.2uF as a filter
any better solution ?

thanks guys
hi Guys

i have found an old transformer with CT & i started to remove the copper turn by turn & test
So on 7.5v input the output was good

But why is that ? how the EGS board regulate the output of the mosfets?

hi Guys

i have found an old transformer with CT & i started to remove the copper turn by turn & test
So on 7.5v input the output was good

But why is that ? how the EGS board regulate the output of the mosfets?
hi Guys

Finally the inverter work & everything was good until i purchased bigger transformer for test
my EGS002 board got dammaged i dont know why & i have bought 2 but its not functioning
would anyone have the board do this test for me to make sure its working when buy another Board?

thanks in advance

here is my test of the same method i have mentioned which says the leds should keep On
would anyone have this board make this test & inform me please
& the Leds Gnd should be the VS1 or VS2 right ?

thanks

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2022-04-28 at 8.06.21 AM.mp4
    2.5 MB
To run a 200 Watt load you need to draw 200W from your power supply. With 12V input this means you have 20 Amperes going through your board. (Average figures)

Here's a simulation showing (theoretically) how a square wave inverter operates over 300 W. The 12V supply provides 30A. A reasonable figure for the primary winding is 30mH.

The secondary winding has internal impedance (ohmic and reactive). Its overall amount must not be too great. Say it's 4 ohms internally, and the external load is 40 ohms. Then output voltage drops 10 percent. Amperes drop 10 pct. Power is 80 percent of desired.

power inverter 12V H-bridge 1 clk xfmr 120V square wave load 340W.png

hi Guys
i have built this inverter as the datasheet guide but the problem is when testing on just multimeter its ok
but when trying to load just a 100w lamp it fails
the only difference that i have used IRF064n instead of 3205 becasue it was available
& i've used an UPS tranformer for test
any idea please

thanks
Johnny
The circuit must be based on the bridge configuration and only feed two wires to the transformer. The FETs you are using ought to be adequate but you need to follow the directions about using the outputs from the EGS002. Each FET must have the 4.7 ohm resistor connected to the gate along with the antiparallel diode and a bleed resistor ensuring that the gate is grounded when no signal is present. I have used these modules successfully for power ratings over 2000 watts with no issues. Send the circuit diagram you are working to and we can have a look.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: