Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EGS002 inverter help

johnny78

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi Guys
i have built this inverter as the datasheet guide but the problem is when testing on just multimeter its ok
but when trying to load just a 100w lamp it fails
the only difference that i have used IRF064n instead of 3205 becasue it was available
& i've used an UPS tranformer for test
any idea please

thanks
Johnny

The circuit must be based on the bridge configuration and only feed two wires to the transformer. The FETs you are using ought to be adequate but you need to follow the directions about using the outputs from the EGS002. Each FET must have the 4.7 ohm resistor connected to the gate along with the antiparallel diode and a bleed resistor ensuring that the gate is grounded when no signal is present. I have used these modules successfully for power ratings over 2000 watts with no issues. Send the circuit diagram you are working to and we can have a look.
Hi Robert
I see your post is in 2023 so I hope you are still around, the others were a while ago... Can you possibly allow me to see your diagram used to make that 2000W with the EGS002 please? There are so many different diagrams floating around of which some are blatantly wrong or not drawn properly - we need to build one up quickly to test some high-voltage sensors on 50Hz frequency fields and this will be the best solution to transmit such field with a small 12V battery, need only about 4minutes at any time to be able to do the test.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: