Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle Footprint Design Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okada

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need help in designing Eagle footprint for Capacitor.

I want to design eagle library for

Samwha Electrolytic Capacitors of the following values

1000 uF 63V
1000 uF 35V
1000 uF 25V
1000 uF 16V

Please mention what is

PhiD
Phid
alpha
beta

Where is L, mentioned

Provide an example to read the pages 89 and 90 of the attached datasheet and get the calculations for making footprint for 1000 uF 63v Capacitor.

How to draw a Circle in SilkScreen layer in eagle ?

Edit: I found the Circle tool. Now please explain with an example how to get the dia and pin distance for 1000 uF 63V from the datasheet.

Edit 2: I found PhiD and L in the table. What is Phid ?

Edit 3:

Got the values

For 1000 uF 63V

PhiD is 16
P is 7.5
Phid is 0.8
alpha = 0.5
beta = 2.0
Pin distance is 7.5 +/- 0.5

Attachments

• Samwha-SD.pdf
    179.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

The standard layer for silkscreen is tPlace or bPlace. Don't forget to put a text with the string ">NAME" at the layer tNames or bNames.

In the datasheet is very clear the capacitor's dimensions at page 90. You need just to enter the voltage and the capacitante at the table and get the dimensions values.

Don't forget to put a text with the string ">NAME" at the layer tNames or bNames.

I put >NAME in tNames layer. Others are in tPlace. What does >NAME do ?

Is my Capacitor dimensions correct for 1000 uF 63V.

If I want pads on both bottom and top layer for a component should I place two pads one in bottom layer and another in top layer in the footprint ?

Attachments

• footprint 1000uF 63V Samwha.png
    footprint 1000uF 63V Samwha.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

The text >NAME is an attibute. When you add a part in the schematic, the >NAME string gets the part name (like R1, C1, IC1...). The same happens for >VALUE. There some other fixed attibutes in Eagle, and you can still use your custom attributes.

You don't need to put extra pads for top and bottom. The green ones goes through one side of PCB to another.

Hi,

I recommend to draw the part as "top view", then don´t use bNames, bValues, or other lothers for bottom side. This is very rarely necessary only.
If you want the part to be assembled on the bottom side, then just use the MIRROR command in the BOARD window.

Don´t add your measures to the tPlace layer. Use the MEASURES layer.

Don´t add wires to mark the center of the capacitor. Just place the part center to (0 0)

Review your "+" and "-" markings

Give the parte a descriptive name in the library: like "ER16P75"
E for electrolytic capacitor
R for radial connections
16 for 16 mm diameter
P for pitch
75 for 7.5mm pitch

For sure you can create your own naming system.

Read through IPC rules to be able to design standard conform packages.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back