Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dyson DC45 Repair - Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

stenzer

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I got a broken Dyson DC45, which I was able to repair with quite less effort. First of all the battery was broken. When connected it to the charger, the green LED of the charger flashes the whole time.

I ordered a new battery but the vacuum cleaner was still not working. By disassembling the device and testing it, the root cause emerged. It was the switch responsible to turn the vacuum cleaner on and off. See the pictures below. According tho the dimensions (12.7 x 5.8 mm) and labeling (ZIP DF-03) it should be this switch [1].

IMG_20210712_195655.jpg

IMG_20210712_200104.jpg

IMG_20210712_204229.jpg

I was able to fix the metal-actuator with superglue, and it does the job. The vacuum cleaner works again. Now olso the typical sound/click of this kind of switch can be heared, shortely before the device starts to operate.

By testing the battery which was installed initially, after the switch was repaired, the vacuum cleaner still does not work (as indicated by the flashing light of the charger). When trying to start the vacuum cleaner (without plugged in charger) the round MAX button (on the "backside" of the vacuum cleaner) flashes very short when the button is released.

[1]https://www.zippy.com/ecproductshowdetail.aspx?ps_rfnbr=259

I hope this might help someone.

BR

Status
Not open for further replies.