Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

: DVI interface in virtex5 lxt110 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodahussein

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

i deal with virtex 5 board which contains the DVI controller. it need to some configuration to work depending on I2C interface . i made I2C protocol to send this configuration which i found it in this site "http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_5d73c99c0100grgg.html"
the configuration:
0 DCR,0x21,0x00
1 ICR,0x1D,0x43
2 HPD,0x23,0x08
3 TSTP,0x48,0x18
4 TPCP,0x33,0x08
5 TPD,0x340x16
6 TPF,0x36,0x60
7 TPVT,0x35,0x70
8 PMR,0x49,0xc0

is all thing or what ?

also i need for some explantion about dvi data[11 : 0]
as i know the VGA has three signal red , green and blue so if there DAC device used "8bit" so if i need to display white color so three signal will be "11111111"
and if i need only green so the red and blue will be "00000000" but the green signal will be "11111111" and so on
but in case DVI controller how can i do that

please i wait your help for importance
regards

Just some quick format info. The DVI receiver/transmitter would likely be 8 bits per color or 24 bits per pixel. The data bus from the DVI controller is 12 bits so the format is likely R[7:0]G[7:4] and G[3:0]B[7:0]. The two 12 bit data words could come out on consecutive clocks or the the output may be DDR (data out on both edges of the clocks). Without knowing which controller I'm just guessing about this but it's a very typical format. Now there are other HDMI formats (30 and 36 bits per pixel) but it's if strictly DVI then I'm betting it's 24 bit color and follows the above format.

Ray

hi

ialso i need for some explantion about dvi data[11 : 0]
as i know the VGA has three signal red , green and blue so if there DAC device used "8bit" so if i need to display white color so three signal will be "11111111"
and if i need only green so the red and blue will be "00000000" but the green signal will be "11111111" and so on
but in case DVI controller how can i do that

please i wait your help for importance
regards

I too was stuck on this point when I realized finally that I had to multiplex the 12-bit data streams. You need to first formulate your data of 24 bits RGB (8 bits,8 bits,8 bits). Then take the upper 12 bits and send it to the first part of the multiplexer and the lower 12 bits to the second input of the mux. Are you using a double or single rate for the clock. If you are using single rate you would multiplex at the rate of the input clock. Otherwise you generate 2x clock with the DCM and multiplex at its rate.

By multiplex you change the input between input 1 and input 2 every rising edge of the clock.

Perhaps you can post your simulation waveform outputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back