Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

does the buffer size of RX affects on disconnecting the TCP communication?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saraa

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I am using PIC32 micro-controller as a client and a code implemented by LABVIEW to work as a server,, How ever the after many testing the TCP connections lasts for "30 mins" only and then it disconnects!!!

Does it relate to the RX's buffer size, I mean if it reaches the max size of sending data it stops?! even though I am using TCPFluch().. ??

waiting for your recommendations...

Thanks;
Sara

You would want to determine the cause of failure more exactly. As a first step, wireshark can tell which peer is actually behaving unexpected. I would personally expect a wrong implementation of the application layer on top of the MHCP stack.

thanks FvM for the reply,,
I will use wireshark, but I think that the problem comes from the micro-controller "PIC32"!...

I have used the wireshark,, and it shows that the problem is caused from the pic32 "client" ...

Any suggestions to know why it reaches a time out after 30 mins?! ... Again I doubt that RX buffer size has reached the maximum which causes the problem but I need to be sure!! any help!

I have used the wireshark,, and it shows that the problem is caused from the pic32 "client" ...
O.K., but there's more information you can get from the dump. How is it failing exactly?

The important question is, do you observe a bug in the stack implementation or is it just inapproriate usage, e.g. scheduling more data than the stack can handle. Buffer size is just a detail aspect in my opinion.

or is it just inapproriate usage, e.g. scheduling more data than the stack can handle

I believe this is the case because there is no bug!

~Sara

Status
Not open for further replies.