Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM8200 Series Max TCP payload size

BehicMV

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am working on some GSM modules and I am using SIM800L right now. But the module supports 1420 bytes per TCP payload sending. I need more buffer size for this. Then I found SIM8200 5G modules. However the "TCP IP Applicaton Note" does not contains the max payload size.

Anyone knows what is the max size of TCP send payload? If it is 1420 again, do you know any GSM module that buffer size is higher than 1420 bytes? (Like 5kb - 10kb)

Thank you in advance

Behic.

I'm not certain about this but I think the payload size is determined by the MTU of the transmission stream, not the silicon itself. If you want to send larger data it has to be spilt so each part is no bigger than MTU sized chunks.

Brian.

Last edited:

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: