Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do we have to configure the Ossilater Type before burn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thayas

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
we have encounterd a problem when we tried to burn the PIC64F84A!
We used a ossilaror called FT 4MHz.
PIC doesnt give correct out put!
How can slove this problem? [/size]

you need to supply more infomation.
1. what programmer you use. (topic don't match subject as topic)
2. your fuse settings. for 4Mhz you and PIC16F84A select HS_OSC
3. pic don't give corect output ? what is the output you are expecting. (led flasing? or serial link?)

We use PICSTART Plus.
I jst checked whether my pic work correctly or not by flashing LEDs.
But wn i connect both capcitor(33pf) to ground ,it did nt work.if i remove,one capcitor output from grond.it works.i used 4mhz crystal.Plc help me...
Wn i design this circuit in PROTEUS,It works fine...

as your project works without the cap try the following, the problem is most likly due to using stripboard /or/ protoboard for your layout.

do your crystal have built in caps? (3 legs) or are you using a plugin' proto board, as there is a lot stray capacitance on a perf board so you need to make the crystal wiring as tight (short) as possible, and possibly reduce your ballast caps to something like 15pf.

I also found that no caps worked the best for proto boards

Have you tried another crystal or ground the case. I would use a 4Mhz Miniature 3 pin ceramic resonators with built in capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.