Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Distance optronic sensor GP2D12

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanElektronika

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good day! I am using this sensor with a PIC microcontroller and it seems it would work fine, but I would like to know what happens when the distance falls less than "10cm", which is the minimum for the sensor and even if its "0cm"?

This sensor is easy to work with and it does not require much suplementary circuits unlike other optronic sensors which need 2 wavelengths.

Can anyone suggest to me a sensor which will work from "0cm" to "5m" about, and answer my question?

I would like to know what happens when the distance falls less than "10cm", which is the minimum for the sensor and even if its "0cm"?
The question is clearly answered in the datasheet. The characteristic becomes unequivocal for distances below 10 cm.

You can hardly achieve 0 to 5m range with the simple measurement principle. Laser time-of-flight or phase difference is more promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back