Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital oscilloscope Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
fifo scope projects

These are my digital oscilloscope projects:

COMA: The All in One Instrument:
**broken link removed**

AVR MultiKitB:
**broken link removed**

Reactions: luisms

luisms

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
dso using atmega8

WOW!

Looks really nice! You must have spent a lot of time making it all work like this! What do you use the SDCard for actually?

build your own digital oscilloscope

Yes, the Microchip contests started a year ago. The SD Card is not implemented yet but it will be used to store waveforms, custom applications, formulas, etc...

simple digital osciloscope

hi all
I am designing a digital storage oscilloscope based on FPGA ..... I dont know how to start the project...please help me out

pocket scope avr

Hi Kip,

You can start reading this thread from page one, that is what I did. Some years ago forum member monnoliv made a nice design. You can read all about it on his website:

I started my own oscilloscope as too, and last week I received my PCB's for the analog front-end. This front-end is heavily based on the design of monnoliv. Here is a preview of what the final product should look like.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

tlc5540 parallel port

Thanks!! 4 the help...... I have started the project and i am having problem in implementing the triggering mechanism ...can u plz tell me smthing about
triggering and how u incorpoated it in your design

fast adc for homemade digital oscilloscope

I haven't implemented anything yet. I just made some hardware stuff. But what I would imagine is that the samples come in in a sort of FIFO way. And when you get a trigger, you will use that point as the middle of you sample data set.

What kind of problems did you encounter, and what does your hardware setup look like?

free design digital oscilloscope

We have not worked on the hardware part ..... we have implemented memory and triggering mechanism in our design .... we are not sure about our hardware part yet ....... we are right now working on designing the modules for FPGA.......

gameboy advance oscilloscope

Wireless Oscilloscope using Nokia 6120c,
National Semiconductor LMX9838 Bluetooth module and Zilog Z8F0822 mcu.
*currently migrating (both code and hardware) from zilog mcu to dsPIC33F DSC, for faster ADC sampling.

diy simple digital oscilloscope

yus said:
Wireless Oscilloscope using Nokia 6120c,
National Semiconductor LMX9838 Bluetooth module and Zilog Z8F0822 mcu.
*currently migrating (both code and hardware) from zilog mcu to dsPIC33F DSC, for faster ADC sampling.
Looks cool but whats the bandwidth ?

fpga computer oscilloscope

why do you think he doesnt go up to 1khz in the demo ... :(

pc oscilloscope circuit drawing

@CMOS and Kripton2035

in the previous hardware, the MCU (zilog z8f0822) I used is only capable of up to around 70ksps.. :(

right now I'm still building the improve circuit using a dsPIC33F dsc (instead of an mcu),
which has ADCs' capable pf up to 2Msps (x2 channels).. :D
hopefully it will give a better resolution..

also, with regards to bandwith, the amplifier part of circuit is also limited by the OpAmp used.. (I'm only using 3MHz bandwidth opamp :( )

avr scope built by chinese

@yus, good job, really nice project! Would be fun as a DIY for first year EE students :)

usb_oscillograph2

yus said:
update..

youtube link

yus, that's very impressive.

I suppose if you can also use a bluetooth-capable notebook in place of the phone?

that would be sweet: the mcu will just be a dedicated adc front-end and the notebook taking care of the display / analytics. a very powerful combination in my view.

Added after 8 minutes:

to take yus's idea in another direction: wouldn't it be easier to just take the front end, use the mcu to drive a usb to communicate with the host computer? the usb also supplies power to the front-end.

that shouldn't be too difficult, right? any suggestions?

My XMultiKit project is ready to be shown to the world. XMultiKit is a development board for AVR XMEGA microcontrollers, a dual channel oscilloscope, an arbitrary waveform generator and a scientific calculator.
**broken link removed**

I am also working on a single channel version:
https://www.gabotronics.com/development-boards/xmega-xminilab.htm

Does anyone know if the design at ,which was the result of a long discussion some years ago, has been implemented?
I wonder what are the results. Also it would take some effort on the construction side (pcb layout etc) to make it work nicely... some notes on the subject would be helpful.
Thanks!

Hi
I am interested in building one. I have collected many items required like 100msps Analog Devices adc, 133Mhz ram(hoping pc ram might work) and some high frequency opamps, Microchip 32 bit microcontroller and some switches from MAXIM.
I am having trouble designing the front end signal conditioner circuit. My question is how to design optimum circuit such that the components are easily available(like the components used in TVs).

This is my next revision of my oscilloscope project, the Xmegalab:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back