Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital filter realization

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanock

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm completely familiar with analog filter design and realize them with lumped or active components. But how can I convert an analog filter or any transfer function in s-plane to a digital filter or z-plane and of course how can I realize a digital filter?

one more question....

what are the components of digital filter? I mean I use lumped components in analog filter design. How about digital filter design?

thanks

Conversion:There are various methods to convert the given filter in continuous domain to discrete domain.
Refer this book: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_control is a start.You can refer books about Digital Filters Design and Design of Digital Control Systems to know more.
To know about the design of these filters,use the book Digital Signal Processing -Proakis to know about Digital Filters
The component of a digital filter is Sample and Hold Circuit(ZOH circuit),amplifier (gain),delay element(some kind of memory device) and a summer.The realization is done by using the Direct Form I (or) Direct Form II (or) cascade form.We need to understand that most of the digital filters are implemented in computer itself compared to the analog counterparts,so is more used and preferred unless the former has some advantages.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nanock

nanock

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.