Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital decimation filter design!

Status
Not open for further replies.

corgan

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
decimation filter design

I need to design a decimation filter after a voiceband ADC.
I'm new to digital decimation filter design, is there any document talk about how to design decimation filter or any sample code available?

Thanks in advance!

Here is a link to a matlab script for a decimation filter (48K to 44.1K):

https://www.google.com/search?q=decimation+filter+design&hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&hs=wOJ&start=50&sa=N]Converting from 48 kHz to 44.1 kHz[/url]

Here is some (hopefully) helpful material:

https://www.google.com/search?q=decimation+filter+design&hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&hs=wOJ&start=50&sa=N]Analyzing Multirate and Multistage Filters[/url]

You can also search for multi-rate filters on google.

Hi Hunter,

Your links are no more valid, please, can you give more info to find them back.

Thanks,
OkGuy

use matlab FDA tool which is very easy and the efficient.
u can get a c code,HDL code and mcode also generated form that.

regards
srinivas

Hello Corgn,
U will have to downsample as well as increase the resolution. That is where your problem lies. Please see comb filter decimation in net.
Please see this link :
**broken link removed**
This is a Masters thesis "low-power decimation filter design for multi-standard transceiver applications" by Carol J. Barret. Read it well. After this you dont need the help of matlab. You will be able to design and estimate everything about SDADC. Please let me know if you need anymore assistance.
Sumit

I think maybe you should first learn about multirate signal process. You could read this book:Digital Signal Processing - Principles, Algorithms & Applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.