Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

difference between "drain bias current (I-DQ)" and "drain current (I-D)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohamis288

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is the difference between "drain bias current (IDQ)" and "drain current (ID)" in transistor datasheets?

Solution
Idq is the bias current i.e the current flowing in the drain when no RF is applied to the input. Id is instead the actual current when a given RF signal is applied to the gate.
Hi,

please give a link to an according datasheet.

Klaus
Hi @KlausST
thank you for your support. here, I uploaded both datasheet and related table ( which is available in the datasheet).
--- Updated ---

Hi @KlausST
thank you for your support. here, I uploaded both datasheet and related table ( which is available in the datasheet).
for more detail, I think this link would help :

Attachments

• QPD1004 Data Sheet.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 180
  • related table.png
    related table.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

Idq is the bias current i.e the current flowing in the drain when no RF is applied to the input. Id is instead the actual current when a given RF signal is applied to the gate.

Reactions: mohamis288

d123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

mohamis288

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back