Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

development board problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

swakit

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a development board using ATMEGA 32 and also has other IC's like FT232 and a regulator 1117 (5 volts). Many sensors and LCD are still to be connected.
In the board I am getting all the desired voltage levels at all points but still the circuit is not working. Is there any problem with the current flow because when i measured current, it was just 15 mA on entire board. If yes, then how am I supposed to fix it ? Please help

I have used a self made double sided PCB.

swakit said:
I am designing a development board using ATMEGA 32 and also has other IC's like FT232 and a regulator 1117 (5 volts). Many sensors and LCD are still to be connected.
In the board I am getting all the desired voltage levels at all points but still the circuit is not working. Is there any problem with the current flow because when i measured current, it was just 15 mA on entire board. If yes, then how am I supposed to fix it ? Please help

I have used a self made double sided PCB.

Check if crystal is working or not because your power dissipation is much lower
than your circuit components thats why i suggest you replace the crystal
and Check all voltage levels on each IC pins

Regards
Ganesh

i havent used autoroute facility and have made it by hand. I am using a 16 Mhz crystal. Also, since all the ic's are surface mounted i could not test on the bread board.
The problem is I am getting voltage across the power on led of atmega but still its not glowing
Help

can you send th schematic of your design

Regards
Ganesh

Hi,
Polarity of LED, or its not dead?
Is RST right handled?
K.

thanx folks for ur help
now it is working. the problem was with 1117 regulator. it was not giving out any current. i wonder how did they sold me dead 1117 which gives voltage accurately.
anyways now another problem has crept up. ma pc is not recognizing ft232r. i am using it for serial communication over usb. my pc recognized ft232r at first go and i installed necessary drivers but after 4-5 tries it is not working . pc is not recognizing the device so no further thing is possible. is there problem with driver software? but i downloaded it from ftdi site. my hardware seems ok what could be the problem?

what is boot mode? i dont kno
please kindly explain
And one more thing i noticed that out of blue suddenly my ft232 started working but it just transmits over USB and doesnot receive. That is data sent by atmega is received on PC but data sent by PC is not received on atmega.
I tried checking wavwforms at RX pin of ft232 and discovered that there is no signal on that pin.
next i connected oscilloscope to d+ d- of usb and i discovered that even when i dont transfer any data i get some waveforms on d+ d- ; when i transmit from atmega those signals change and i receive perfect data on PC. but when i send sumthing from PC signals on d+ d- dont change and i dont get any data on rx pin.
so what is the problem?
is my pc not sending data properly in spite of showing it in terminal?
i dont kno please help further.
please reply soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back