Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing feeding for microstrip antenna array

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssue

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microstrip antenna array

Hi,
I'm designing rectangular microstrip antenna array for vertical polarization.I'm only have 4 rectangular microstrip.I didn't know how to design its feeding either series feeding or parralel.what different between series and parallel?
Thank you...

Re: microstrip antenna array

hi..
now I'm tryng to design its feeding...using corporate(parallel) feeding. Could somebody give me its equation or any idea to arrage my rectangular microstrip because i had try to get its equation from books...but..i cant..

microstrip antenna array

Hi ssue,

you could have a feed point branching out to 2 different braches where your phase and amplitude will be the same.

Hi ssue,

tell me something more about your design.. e.g. what code are u using to design it?

Best regards
Lupin

Hi Lupin and everyone ,
I'm using for element of microstrip antenna with R0400C(dielectric substrate 3.38) and the thickness of 1.524mm.I'm trying to design its feed line with impedance of 50 ohm, but I didnt know the size of feed stripline (I'm using stripline for feeding),(W and L) for it...Perhaps u can help me...

Thanks

Wait a minute.. what sort of excitation? Slot coupling? EM coupling? Post?

U can find in this site some article for the design of every excitation configuration.

Let me know.

Regards
Lupin

PS: Do u have articles about scan blindness?

hi..
Now I'm still continue my design. I'd obtained the dimension of patch and also for array.
i've used Microwave Office Ofice to simulate my design, but I'm stuck..I din't get matching antenna.My design's value for s(1,1) shows it 0.99998 and to small in dB.Perhaps somebody could help me to overcome my problem.Which part of this antenna should I've make correction and so on?

Thanks A lot.

hi all,u can some examples at ie3d from zeland,there are many files that explain step by step the design of 8*8 microstrip arrays
regards

microstrip antenna array

anyone who know how to make a antenna array stimulation in hfss?

halo.
i am oso doing a project which needs me to design an microstrip array antenna.i need some advice on what software that can be use to calculate the impedance of the microstrip line?got formula to calculate the witdh of the microstrip line so that i can obtain certain impedance?

Quite easy my friend,

u can use Ensemble.. u build the layers' structure and then u ask the "estimate", in "tools" pop-up window.. insert the width of your metalization and u get back the corresponding characteristic Impedance....

What else do u need to design a BFN?

Regards

Lupin

microstrip antenna array

abdoeng,there are many files that explain step by step the design of 8*8 microstrip arrays

can u show me?thank u

Lupin said:
Quite easy my friend,

u can use Ensemble.. u build the layers' structure and then u ask the "estimate", in "tools" pop-up window.. insert the width of your metalization and u get back the corresponding characteristic Impedance....

What else do u need to design a BFN?

Regards

Lupin

Dear Luoin :
i hear that Ansoft designer 2 has integrated the ensemble . as i am not familiar with both of designer and ensemble , can you tell me when to find some manuals about antenna array modeling with them ?
Thanks you very much.
kaka

Try the ansoft web site ... or in this one as well...

I have to check , maybe I have something...

If u need something else from a techinal point of view, please ask.

Regards

Lupin

Dear sir,

you link is not working

- - - Updated - - -

Dear sir,

your link is not working.please send me some different link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back