Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cutoff frequency for circualr waveguides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ejaz484

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have problem in calculating cutoff frequency in circular waveguide for TE modes. Can anyone tell me the formula to calculate cutoff frequency. Radius of circular waveguide also should be one of its parameter. Please tell me as soon as possible please.

Hi,
I have problem in calculating cutoff frequency in circular waveguide for TE modes. Can anyone tell me the formula to calculate cutoff frequency. Radius of circular waveguide also should be one of its parameter. Please tell me as soon as possible please.

You should refer to a basic microwave textbook. From T.Moreno, Microwave Transmission Design Data, Dover 1948, I can see : For TE 11 mode, cutoff occurs for pipe radius equal to 0.293 lambda
TE21 0.486
TE01 0.610
TE12 0.849, etc.

You should refer to a basic microwave textbook. From T.Moreno, Microwave Transmission Design Data, Dover 1948, I can see : For TE 11 mode, cutoff occurs for pipe radius equal to 0.293 lambda
TE21 0.486
TE01 0.610
TE12 0.849, etc.

Thanks jiripolivka for your helpful reply.
But i need the relation between these all parameters, i.e., formula to calculate this. Actually i have to calculate for TE03 mode basically and then for other modes. So i need its formula. Can u send me some reference where i can get its formula??

I know many textbooks but mostly in other language than English. Refer to Harvey, Microwave Engineering, or many others. How can you "study microwave waveguides" without such textbook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back