Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST: Data loss after 10 nanoseconds of simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisted_pear

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am looking for some help with CST. Here is the background: I am simulating EMI at different twist rates for a twisted pair in CST. I created a custom excitation signal (100 nS in duration, 50% duty cycle, 10 nS rise/fall time). I inject the signal with a waveguide port at one end of the twisted pair, and I terminate the twisted pair with a resistor. I have set up a broadband farfield monitor so I can look at the field strength at specific points in time. My problem is that after 10 nS the field drops to zero as if nothing is happening. I would expect to see activity in the field around 50-60 nS as the square wave drops from high to low. I have tried different excitation signals that should be active after 10 nS, and no matter what I've put in the field drops to zero after 10 nS. It seems like CST does not store the data. I have tried to read up on the manual on how to increase the solver time but nothing I have done has fixed my problem. Does anyone here have any experience with this, and are there any fixes to this?

Thanks for your time!

- - - Updated - - -

All, I solved this issue myself shortly after posting. I did actually struggle with this problem for several days, and then after posting I finally got it.

Increasing the frequency resolution of the broadband far field monitor for 21 (default) to 201 gave me the full 100 nS of transient simulation. I didn't expect this result as I didn't think that the frequency resolution would be related to the duration of the transient simulation. Now I know, and hopefully this helps someone else!

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back