Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Corner Cell importance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

predator89

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I have a pad ring with corner cell to allow the connectivity of the analog and digital power rails.
Since I am planning to reduce the die area of the chip, I was planning to remove one of the corner cell.
So I am confused if it is recommended to keep all 4 corner cell at each corner of the die for reliability reason or I can remove one to achieve my required area requirement.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

(Cannot visualize exactly how you would save space by removing a corner cell.)

You can remove one, just make sure you have the supplies properly spaced and do not rely on signals traveling 3/4 of the distance around to guarantee ESD and possible POR-signals, etc.

Seal ring takes care of die stress.

Bonding house might have certain requirements on angles, etc. Keepout distances (from pad surfaces to active area) might influence what you can put in the corner where there is no corner.

predator89

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back