Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connect battery leads to board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ants

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to connect battery leads to my board but be able to detach them easily with some kind of terminal connector. The batteries would be supplying 6V and up to 1.5A. I do have some blade type jumperless connectors but they don't look right for the job.

What is the most common type of connector used to do this?

Thanks,

Ant.

First, the wire gauge of the connection is as important as the connectors. I have used Molex connectors salvaged from old PCs, but they are commonly available. Wikipedia has this article about PC power supply Molex connectors Molex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The wire has a diameter of 1.2mm. It is positive and earth that go to separate places on the board, there are just so many options. I guess I should buy a few that are likely to work and one of them will!

Thanks,

Ant.

Status
Not open for further replies.